Redirecting to mobile in chrome

1. larkintackett says:

When I try to go to gmap-pedometer in chrome, I'm automatically redirected to the mobile version (http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/m/). Anyone know why? I don't have the same problem when I got to the site on IE.

2. paul says:

I made a change recently to direct to the mobile version whenever touch capability is detected, are you using a touch enabled laptop?

I'll make changes so that the desktop version is an option for touchscreen laptops.

3. larkintackett says:

Thanks for the quick response. Yes. Touch is enabled on both my Surface 3 and iPhone. On the mobile version I don't have any of the buttons from the desktop version--bookmarked routes, workout log, star recording, last point, etc. How do I select the desktop version? I'm still directed to mobile.

4. paul says:

It will take me some time, possibly as much as a couple of weeks, to create the option to switch to desktop. In the meantime, here are the instructions on how to use the site in mobile mode:

- Tap on the screen to bring up a crosshairs. Drag the upper right hand of the crosshairs icon to move it to the place where you'd like to drop a point.
    - Then tap the checkmark to drop the point in that location.
    - If want to dismiss the crosshairs without dropping a point, tap anywhere outside the crosshairs.
    - All other controls: (map type, calculation type, units, and search box) are behind the "controls" button.

5. paul says:

Try again now. I've turned off the redirect to mobile in the case of touch laptops. Please let me know if that works for you.

6. larkintackett says:

Thanks Paul. Works perfectly. Full version is much preferred.