Map not showing

1. Walshc5 says:

No maps appearing when I log on, either on the main page or for any of my saved routes

2. paul says:

I am unable to reproduce this problem. Are you still seeing this? What browser/device are you using?

3. rongrayson says:

I can't find any way to access the satellite map layer. all i see now is the regular street map layer. problem started 2/13/16, using Chrome and Safari.

4. paul says:

Thanks for the heads-up! Google made a change that caused the map type selectors to move to the top left, so they were hidden behind the controls area. I made a quick change to go back to the way they had be rendered before.

Please take a look and confirm this is OK for you now. Thanks for alerting me to this, and thanks for using the site!

Paul

5. Walshc5 says:

Hi Paul thanks for your prompt reply. However, now I can't see maps, there are no bookmarked routes, & the workout log is a list which can't be edited or added to. This is on Opera, Firefox, Chrome & IE10.

6. paul says:

I made another fix today. Please take try again and let me know how it goes. I'm hoping you'll have better results now.

7. Walshc5 says:

Everything OK again - thanks.

8. rcronise says:

Paul, I have this problem as well, but it only occurs using Firefox browser (have had this since December 2015). Chrome seems to be working fine, so I've been using that. I did open IE (IE11, with OS Windows 8.1), which I NEVER use anymore, and that browser seems to open the site OK. I'll continue to use Chrome, but I had preferred Firefox. Now, this failure coincided with problems with out-of-date Java and (apparently unsuccessful) reloading... which STILL doesn't work. I don't need any support, just curious, wanted to report, and see if the Java issue might be relevant.

BTW, thank you so much for this site. I know it's more a hobby and not your main job, so we runners/ cyclists/ etc., owe you a big debt of gratitude. I've been using it for many many years and appreciate its availability.

9. paul says:

rcronise I can't reproduce that issue in Firefox, have you tried a shift-reload?

And the site is a labor of love. The thanks and appreciation of runners like you (also cough cough pageviews and ad clicks) is all I need! :)