Reverse Button

1. denwa says:

You ALMOST got it right, when you created a "Retrace Route" button. How about a button where, after you have created a route, you could swap the start and end points? Anyway, thanks for your hard work. Can't be easy with all the requests you get hit with!

2. paul says:

In fact, the "retrace route" button was always there, but it had a more awkward label: "create there and back route".

Anyway, I gather this isn't quite what you're looking for. Just so I understand it fully, what what you use a "reverse" route button for? The distance stays the same, so I've always thought this might not be that important a feature. I'm curious how you would like to use it.

3. denwa says:

I frequently create routes where I know the destination, but not the start. For example, say a route ends at the G******** restaurant, and I want it to be 10 km. and I want it to start at an easily accessible place, but don't really know where that might be. So what I do is, I create the route starting from the destination, and tell everybody that we are going to walk the route, but backwards. Of course, somebody always worries that they might get a sore neck, or get hit by a car... and sometimes somebody goes to the end point, instead of the start. A reverse button would avoid all that.